AMBASSADOR - CRICKET
Claire Polosak is a member of the ICC Development Panel and the Cricket Australia Supplementary Umpire Panel. She is the first female to officiate a men's one day international, when she stood in the match between Namibia and Oman in April 2019. Internationally, she has officiated 17 women's one day internationals and 33 women's T20 internationals. Domestically, in October 2017 in the match between NSW and CA XI she became the first female to officiate an Australian domestic List A match, having officiated 3 in total. In January 2021 she became the first female to officiate in a Men’s Test match when she was 4th umpire in the final two tests between Australia and India, in Sydney and Brisbane.
Claire has also stood in the following ICC tournaments:
• ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifies | Bangkok | November – December 2015
• ICC Women’s T20 World Cup | India | March 2016
• ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifies | Sri Lanka | February 2017
• ICC Women’s World Cup | United Kingdom | June – July 2017
• ICC women’s T20 World Cup Qualifies | Netherlands | July 2018
• ICC Women’s T20 World Cup | West Indies | November 2018
• ICC World Cricket League Division Two (Men) | Namibia | April 2019
• ICC Under 19 World Cup Qualifies (Men) | Japan | June 2019
• ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifies | Scotland | August – September 2019
• ICC Women’s T20 World Cup | Australia | March 2020
Claire's contribution off field is equally impressive in her role as Umpire Educator/ Female Umpire Engagement with Cricket New South Wales, where she is fortunate to be working with the rest of the umpiring team at Cricket New South Wales to increase the numbers of females taking up the best seat in the middle. In NSW in 2020/21, there were 330 umpiring appointments filled by females across NSW.